Friday, September 13, 2013

Visit To Omkareshwar Temple



Gulping poha,kachori,samosa and kadak chai was my saviour.I had a distant view  to the island Omkarshwar which looks like it's calling me again I offered my final greetings and love to river Narmada..I felt gratitude to the piligrams which uplifted and purified me.Omkarshwar is an Om shaped island formed by holy river narmada
 with it's highly revered Shiva temple. Omkareshwar  has been the prime destination on the pilgrims trail is one of the highly 12 jyotirlingas and recently started luring travellores significance and exotic offerings
 Omkareshwar  means "Lord of Omkaara or 
Lord of the Om Sound and another temple is amrreshwar means   Immortal lord" or lord of the Immortals or Devas But as jyotirling, which is on other side of narmada river.




It is often referred as Mini Varanasi of Central India, the holy island of Omkareshwar is serene (except during festival time) and offers a well worn trail to the holy confluence of Narmada and Kaveri River. The Ghats, River, temples, colourful lanes and Sadhus make Omkareshwar an exotic destination and will make you extend your stay at Indore.





After visiting the temples on the shore of Narmada and strolling along in the island, I decided to sit for few minutes closing my eyes  and take some  deep breadth off  to rejuvenate. Exhausted and famished, I descended to the bank of Narmada with a last hope of finding rest within. Those deep breadth did a magic and infused strength to my drained out soul. Bathing in Narmada at Omkareshwar was the best thing happened to me in Western Madhya Pradesh.

On my way back to I have busy looking for Maheshwari,chanderi  and batik prints tie and dye saris  all these traditional Saris made me so excite  until I heard my husband’s voice.. Looking around he was caring my bags and whispered me will come again...
Mama
 Yes.. I could understand easily what he wants to say....:)










No comments:

Post a Comment